Legia Warsaw welcome Leicester to Polish Army Stadium, Warsaw, Poland, in Group C of 2021-22 UEFA Europa League Group Stage.
Victory would see Legia Warsaw stay top of Group C, whereas Leicester can go top with a win as long as Napoli fail to beat Spartak Moscow in Naples, Italy.
Bartosz Kapustka is Legia Warsaw’s only absentee with a serious knee injury.
Leicester will be without Jonny Evans as he continues to struggle to recover from a foot injury which forced him to miss Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Burnley.
Wilfred Ndidi (suspension) and Kelechi Iheanacho (personal) meanwhile are unavailable as James Justin (knee) and Wesley Fofana (leg) remain ruled out.
- This is Legia Warsaw’s first-ever meeting against Leicester across all UEFA competitions.
- Legia have won just one of two previous home matches against English opposition in all UEFA competitions – losing 3-1 to Manchester United in April 1991 in Cup Winners’ Cup before beating Blackburn 1-0 in October 1995 in 1995-96 Champions League Group Stage.
- Leicester are taking on Polish opposition for the first time in all UEFA competitions.
- Three of Legia Warsaw’s five Europa League goals this season have been scored by Mahir Emreli.
- Brendan Rogers’ Foxes have kept just one clean sheet in their last five matches across all competitions.
Having scraped a win at Spartak Moscow last time out in their opening Group C match, Legia will be hoping for a more polished performance because they simply weren’t clinical enough in Russia, although Artur Boruc looks to be their key player given his excellent performance in goal last time out.
Leicester meanwhile were fantastic on Saturday with great pressing energy and creativity to their attacking play complete with clinical finishing, yet their defending was their biggest weakness because they were too open at the back with terrible marking which needs serious improvement if want a win here.
On that note, I would be surprised if there are no goals here but if Leicester can tighten up defensively and continue to play energetic attacking football, I can see them getting a win here.
Prediction: Legia Warsaw 0-2 Leicester
Result: Legia Warsaw 1-0 Leicester