Tottenham Hotspur continue their Europa Conference League adventures as they welcome Mura to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the second matchweek of 2021-22 UEFA Europa Conference League Group Stage.
Victory could send Tottenham top of Group G if Vitesse lose at home to Rennes, whereas Mura will climb into the top two with a win.
Tottenham have no fresh injury concerns to report after Sunday’s North London derby loss at Arsenal, as Ryan Sessegnon (knock) and Steven Bergwijn (ankle) remain absent.
Mura have no fresh injury concerns to report.
- This is Tottenham’s first-ever meeting against Mura in all competitions.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in three previous meetings against Slovenian opposition in all UEFA competitions (W2, D1).
- Mura are facing English opposition for the very first time in all UEFA competitions.
- Harry Kane has scored four goals in Tottenham’s last two home matches across all UEFA competitions – scoring braces against Dinamo Zagreb in March and Pacos de Ferreira in August.
- Mura are yet to draw an away game in all UEFA competitions (W3, L3).
Following a disastrous North London derby performance last weekend in which they lacked agility and man marking in a woefully sloppy defensive effort, Tottenham definitely need a huge reaction here because they have failed to bounce back in their last two midweek matches from weekend losses.
Another issue for Nuno Espirito Santo will be Spurs’ lack of finishing because they wasted many chances at Arsenal, with Harry Kane in particular looking short of his usual form, although he seems more impressive in this competition this season than any domestic competitions.
Mura meanwhile will be underdogs but despite losing to Vitesse in their opening group match, I have a feeling that this Slovenian team won’t be the pushovers that many expect.
This game though is Tottenham’s to lose and a home defeat to a team of Mura’s status would be embarrassing, so I reckon that this might be the kick that Spurs need to get back on track.
Prediction: Tottenham 2-0 Mura
Result: Tottenham 5-1 Mura