Champions League chasing Chelsea face a tough test as they welcome relegation battling Watford to Stamford Bridge.
Depending on results earlier in the day, Chelsea could begin this match as low as fifth but a win could easily send them up to third, if Leicester fail to beat Crystal Palace mid afternoon.
Watford meanwhile could be in the relegation zone come kick off in need of a win to boost their survival hopes.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Mateo Kovacic is ruled out for Chelsea with an Achilles injury suffered in Wednesday’s defeat at West Ham.
Fikayo Tomori (muscle) and Marco van Ginkel (knee) remain absent.
Watford have no fresh injury concerns as Isaac Success (Achilles), Gerard Deulofeu and Daryl Janmaat (both knee) remain sidelined.
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last nine meetings against Watford (W6, D2, L1).
- Watford are winless in their last 12 trips to Stamford Bridge in all competitions (D4, L8)
- Both teams have scored in three of their last four league meetings at Stamford Bridge.
- No Chelsea player has made more substitute appearances than Michy Batshuayi, who has come on from the bench on 15 occasions.
- Troy Deeney is the only Watford player to have scored a headed goal this season.
Chelsea were just unlucky to lose against a plucky West Ham side who showed plenty of desire to move away from the drop, which sadly can’t be said of Watford after the way in which Southampton battered them.
Watford ultimately need to tighten up their defending because that will be crucial here, especially given their away form at Stamford Bridge which should be a routine defeat if Chelsea turn up and deliver.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-0 Watford
Result: Chelsea 3-0 Watford