Wolverhampton Wanderers look to continue their top five charge as they welcome survival chasing Bournemouth to Molineux.
Should Manchester United fail to win against Sheffield United, Wolves can move up to fifth with victory whilst Bournemouth could move out of the relegation zone with a win.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Wolves have no fresh injury concerns to report following Saturday’s win at West Ham.
Bournemouth expect to have David Brooks available after he was subbed early on in the second-half of Saturday’s home defeat by Crystal Palace with cramp.
Joshua King and Philip Billing could also feature if pass late fitness tests on separate ankle issues.
Charlie Daniels (knee) is ruled out whilst Ryan Fraser won’t play for personal reasons as his contract runs out at end of month.
- Wolves are unbeaten in three previous Premier League meetings against Bournemouth (W2, D1).
- Bournemouth have never drawn away at Wolves since dropping ‘and Boscombe Athletic’ (W3, L3).
- Wolves’ Raul Jimenez has scored in all three previous appearances against Bournemouth.
- Harry Wilson is the only Bournemouth player to have scored from more than one free-kick this season, doing so on two different occasions.
- Wolves’ Jimenez is the first Premier League player this season to have made over a century of shots, having produced 103 shots in 30 appearances.
This should be an interesting clash because Bournemouth have to simply start finding goals if want to keep their Premier League status alive, although they did play some entertaining football against Palace when in possession.
Wolves however will be a tough ask to beat because Nuno Espirito Santo’s men delivered a grinder against West Ham, with dangerous crosses which could trouble Bournemouth if they’re not careful given how similar Adama Traore is to Wilfried Zaha of Palace.
I therefore expect to see an attacking open game here but Wolves for me look like they might have the edge if Traore can cause similar issues to how Zaha troubled the Cherries on Saturday.
Prediction: Wolves 2-1 Bournemouth
Result: Wolves 1-0 Bournemouth