Relegation struggling Norwich will be hoping to kick-start a late survival charge as they welcome Everton to Carrow Road.
Victory could move the Canaries closer towards their relegation rivals if Aston Villa and Bournemouth lose elsewhere, whilst Everton can go tenth with a win.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Marco Stiepermann could return for Norwich after missing Friday’s defeat by Southampton as he self-isolated after testing positive for Coronavirus.
Grant Hanley, Christoph Zimmerman and Sam Byram remain out with hamstring injuries.
Everton have no fresh injury concerns to report as Fabian Delph and Yerry Mina remain at least one week away from returning from respective muscle related injuries.
Theo Walcott (abdominal), Djibril Sidibe (foot), Cenk Tosun (knee) and Jean-Phillipe Gbamin (Achilles) all remain ruled out.
- Norwich are unbeaten in three of their last six meetings against Everton in all competitions (W2, D1, L3).
- Everton have lost their last two clashes against Norwich by 0-2 results, although both losses came at home at Goodison Park in September 2016 and November 2019 respectively.
- Everton have won just one of their last 12 league trips to Carrow Road. (W1, D6, L5)
- Both teams have scored in their last five Premier League meetings at Carrow Road, with Norwich scoring twice in four of those five occasions.
- No team has scored fewer goals in England’s top two divisions than Norwich this season, who has only scored 25 goals in 30 matches.
Norwich simply have to raise their game here because they just looked devoid of any ideas in the second-half of Friday’s defeat by Southampton, which is something that they can’t afford to do if are to mount a late survival charge.
Everton meanwhile will be looking to produce a more clinical attacking performance, having played a counter approach against Liverpool on Sunday, which worked very well except when converting chances on target.
I therefore am expecting a good game if Norwich turn up with a stronger defensive display and creativity, otherwise Everton are surely going to take an easy win once they hit their clinical stride.
Prediction: Norwich 0-2 Everton
Result: Norwich 0-1 Everton