Everton welcome Leicester City to Goodison Park as both teams continue their fight for Premier League survival.
Victory could lift Everton up to ninth if Brentford lose elsewhere on Saturday afternoon, whilst Leicester could climb out of the relegation zone with a win.
Everton have no fresh injury concerns to report following last weekend’s goalless draw at Fulham.
Yerry Mina (ankle), Ben Godfrey (fibula) and Andros Townsend (knee) remain absent.
Leicester could be without Jonny Evans as the defender continues to struggle with a calf injury.
Ryan Bertrand (knee) and Ricardo Pereira (Achilles) remain absent.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last five meetings against Leicester (W3, D2).
- Leicester have won just one of their last six league visits to Goodison Park (W1, D2, L3).
- Both teams have scored in four of their last five meetings, except for a 2-0 win for Everton away to Leicester in December 2020.
- Everton are looking to keep three consecutive clean sheets for the first time since February – March 2021.
- Brendan Rogers’ Foxes have scored in each of their last 12 league matches played away from home.
Momentum hasn’t exactly been Everton’s strong point so far this season but after keeping two successive clean sheets, they should come into this game with real confidence despiite getting stubbornly denied a win at Fulham by some stern goalkeeping from Bernd Leno last weekend.
Leicester meanwhile knew that a result against Manchester City last weekend was going to be extremely difficult, yet they can take heart from how they frustrated the Citizens in open play and still played well themselves across the pitch despite failing to score in their defeat.
I though feel that it is vital that Leicester bounce back immediately here to avoid wasting their recent progress, yet they are coming up against an Everton team who are finding defensive form despite their goalscoring difficulties.
Goals therefore don’t feel like a decent bet here but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends in a draw.
Prediction: Everton 1-1 Leicester
Result: Everton 0-2 Leicester