Wigan Athletic host Blackburn Rovers at DW Stadium in a rearranged Sky Bet Championship clash.
Victory would lift Wigan up to ninth in the table, whereas a win would see Blackburn move level on points with the top three but sit fourth on goal difference.
Thelo Aasgaard and Nathan Broadhead could both start for Wigan after they were both named as substitutes in Saturday’s defeat to Cardiff.
Gwion Edwards (Achilles) and Jordan Cousins (quad) remain absent.
Blackburn expect to have Sam Gallagher and Ben Brereton Diaz available for selection, after the pair were substituted in Saturday’s win over Rotherham with cramp and fitness concerns.
- Wigan are unbeaten in three of their last five Championship meetings against Blackburn (W2, D1, L2).
- Blackburn are winless in five Championship visits to DW Stadium (D1, L4).
- Wigan have kept clean sheets in three of their last four league games at home to Blackburn, only failing to do so in a 3-1 win in November 2018.
- Leam Richardson’s Lactics are winless in their last eight home matches in league competition dating back to mid-April 2022 (D4, L4).
- Rovers have won just one of their last five away matches (W1, L4), during which they scored one goal and conceded nine goals across those five games.
Following another poor home result on Saturday, Wigan certainly need to improve marking in their central defence because Cardiff were just clinical in attacking that particular part of Wigan’s formation, whilst the Latics did waste their own chances repeatedly so neater finishing is needed up front.
Blackburn meanwhile were simply ruthless in their clinical win over Rotherham amidst their recent inconsistent run of form, whilst they also defended well so they now just need to build upon the positives and try to get consecutive wins for the first time since August.
I though do expect Wigan to try and produce a strong reaction but if Blackburn can soak up the pressure and deliver clinical attacks, they really stand a great chance of ending their recent poor away form not just at the DW Stadium but also in the league too.
Prediction: Wigan 1-2 Blackburn
Result: Wigan 1-0 Blackburn