Manchester City welcome Club Brugge to the Etihad Stadium in a huge Group A clash in 2021-22 UEFA Champions League.
Victory would see Man City go top if PSG fail to win at RB Leipzig, whereas a win could see Club Brugge go second at minimum.
Man City have no fresh injury concerns to report after Saturday’s loss at home to Crystal Palace but Aymeric Laporte is available for selection, due to his red card only applying to domestic competitions.
Ferran Torres (foot), Liam Delap (ankle) and Benjamin Mendy (personal) are still ruled out indefinitely.
Club Brugge will be without Tibo Persyn due to an unspecified injury.
Ruben Providence remains ruled out with an ankle injury.
- Manchester City won their only previous meeting against Club Brugge which came in a 5-1 away win a fortnight ago.
- Club Brugge are visiting Manchester City for the very first time.
- City have won all three of their previous home matches against Belgian opposition in all European competitions (W3).
- Brugge are winless in 13 previous visits to England in all UEFA competitions (D2, L11).
- Four of Riyad Mahrez’s seven goals for City in all competitions this season have been scored at the Etihad Stadium.
Having failed to score in their last two matches in all competitions, this game is now a huge test of whether City has hit a goalscoring rut or if they have just simply been outplayed by their opposition as evidenced by uncharacteristically lacklustre defending and finishing against Palace.
Club Brugge meanwhile will be keen to make amends for their poor home performance a fortnight ago but they will need a clinical aggressive performance here if they’re stand any chance, especially given their poor defensive record.
On that note, this should be an interesting match given City’s dip and Brugge’s attacking intent but I still can’t see past a home win if Pep Guardiola can get his Citizens back on form.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-1 Club Brugge
Result: Manchester City 4-1 Club Brugge