Aston Villa welcome Burnley to Villa Park in the first of a Thursday Night Football double bill on Amazon Prime.
Victory could temporarily send Villa seventh whilst Burnley can climb out of the relegation zone with at least one point.
Tom Heaton could be in line for his first Villa appearance since New Year’s Day after recovering from a serious knee injury.
Keinan Davis (ankle) and Ross Barkley could also feature but Matty Cash and Douglas Luiz are suspended for this match.
Trezeguet (hamstring), Frederic Guilbert (muscle) and Wesley (fitness) remain ruled out.
Burnley could welcome Johann Berg Gudmundsson back from a muscle injury but Jack Cork is still absent as he continues to rebuild his match fitness, following a lengthy ankle injury.
- Aston Villa have lost just one of six previous Premier League meetings against Burnley (W2, D3, L1).
- Burnley have won just one of their last six trips to Villa Park in all competitions, (W1, D2, L3).
- There has been no red cards produced in six previous Premier League meetings between Villa and Burnley
- Clarets’ Chris Wood scored once in both clashes last season against Villa.
- John McGinn is the only Villa player to produce more than one through ball this season, having produced three through balls in ten appearances.
Villa produced a clinical performance on Saturday to defeat a spirited Wolves team despite doing most of the defending, although they did get lucky with a late penalty despite being down to ten men whilst Emiliano Martinez did majority of the hard work at his end of the pitch to contribute to the win. .
Burnley meanwhile produced a great defensive performance aided by a slice of luck to defeat Arsenal even though Nick Pope did most of the work, which suggests that this game could come down to goalkeeping quality.
I am therefore foreseeing a close contest here between two closely fought teams but Burnley’s poor away form at Villa could be their undoing, although I am going for a score draw here.
Prediction: Aston Villa 1-1 Burnley
Result: Aston Villa 0-0 Burnley