West Ham United welcome Fulham to the London Stadium in a cross-London derby in Saturday Night Football.
Fulham meanwhile could begin this match in the relegation zone if Sheffield United beat Chelsea earlier on Saturday, although if they are still above the drop then a win could send them as high as 15th depending on how Brighton and Manchester United fare in earlier matches this weekend.
Mark Noble is a doubt for West Ham with a rib injury suffered in training but will be subject to a late fitness test alongside Aaron Cresswell, who picked up a knock to his groin in last weekend’s defeat at Liverpool.
Fulham could be without Mario Lemina due to a hamstring injury, although he will be handed a late fitness test along with Neeskens Kebano who is struggling to shake off a knock.
Aboubakar Kamara (suspension), Kenny Tete (calf), Terence Kongolo (foot) and Joshua Onomah (undisclosed) remain absent.
- West Ham have won three of their last five meetings against Fulham (W3, L2).
- Fulham are winless in their last nine trips to West Ham (D3, L6).
- West Ham’s Michail Antonio has scored in his last two matches against Fulham (W2).
- Despite conceding 14 league goals so far this season, no Fulham player has made an error which has led to a conceded goal.
- No West Ham player has produced more crosses in their seven league games this season than Aaron Cresswell with the defender producing 42 crosses in seven appearances.
West Ham can come into this game full of confidence after a strong dominant display at Liverpool, although small mistakes and a lack of sharp finishing cost them a point and possibly victory too so I am expecting a better performance building on the positives on last weekend.
Fulham meanwhile simply took advantage of a poor showing by West Brom on Monday to claim three points but if they want to prove that win wasn’t just a blip despite being well deserved, they are going to need to be at their best here against what will be a strong Hammers team.
Goals therefore should be a strong bet but if West Ham can find that extra sharp clinical edge, I think this will be a comfortable evening for the hosts.
Prediction: West Ham 3-0 Fulham
Result: West Ham 1-0 Fulham