Chelsea look to continue their improved form in all competitions as they welcome Sheffield United to Stamford Bridge.
Kai Havertz is ruled out for Chelsea after testing positive for Coronavirus, consequently forcing the German to self-isolate for the next fortnight.
Billy Gilmour (knee) is also absent whilst Christian Pulisic (hamstring) is a doubt.
Sheffield Utd will be without Ethan Ampadu who is ineligible to face Chelsea as per Premier League rules on loan signings facing their parent club.
Jack O’Connell (knee), John Fleck (back) and Lys Mousset (toe) remain absent.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in four of their last five meetings against Sheffield United (W3, D1, L1).
- Sheffield Utd have taken four points from four previous Premier League trips to Stamford Bridge (W1, D1, L2).
- Four of Sheffield Utd’s five goals against Chelsea last season came from strikers with exception of their equaliser in a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge which was an own goal by Kurt Zouma.
- Aaron Ramsdale is currently one of three goalkeepers to have produced a league high five sweeper clearances so far this season, alongside Southampton’s Alex McCarthy and Burnley’s Nick Pope coming into this weekend.
- Neither Chelsea or Sheffield Utd are yet to score on the counter attack in the Premier League this season.
Chelsea are finally beginning to click with a series of impressive attacking performances in recent weeks coupled with clean sheets which will stand them in good stead against a Sheffield Utd team who are struggling to reach the same heights of last season.
Saying that, the Blades produced a superb defensive display against Man City and were unlucky to not snatch a point so if they can produce more of that here coupled with their attacking performance from against Liverpool a fortnight ago, I think they could have enough to trouble Chelsea here.
I however am going for a Chelsea win because they currently have confidence and sharpness about them that it is difficult to see what can stop them from winning this match.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Sheffield United
Result: Chelsea 4-1 Sheffield United