Following Nigel Pearson’s surprise departure on Sunday, Watford welcome Manchester City to Vicarage Road.
A win for Watford will place them on the brink of survival ahead of Aston Villa’s must-win match against Arsenal later on Tuesday evening.
Man City meanwhile are assured of second so will be looking to build momentum ready for next season.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Etienne Capoue is a doubt for Watford with a knock keeping him out of Friday’s defeat at West Ham.
Daryl Janmaat, Gerard Deulofeu (both knee) and Isaac Success (Achilles) are also sidelined.
Man City have no fresh injury concerns to report with Claudio Bravo (muscle) and Sergio Aguero (knee) still absent.
- Watford are winless in their last 17 meetings against Manchester City in all competitions (D2, L15).
- Man City are unbeaten in their last six trips to Vicarage Road (W5, D1).
- David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne have both scored once in each of their last two appearances against Watford in all competitions, in which City netted 14 goals and conceded no goals.
- Watford haven’t won a penalty in 11 previous Premier League clashes against City.
- Neither team are yet to see a player sent off after 11 previous Premier League meetings.
Watford simply need the perfect performance here because they were poor at West Ham and if they repeat that performance here, I just can’t see them getting anything unless City are as wasteful as they were against Arsenal on Saturday in their FA Cup semi-final.
It is therefore difficult to see past anything other than a comfortable away win, unless Watford somehow direct the surprise of Pearson’s sacking into a positive performance which seems unlikely given their poor form in this fixture.
Prediction: Watford 0-3 Manchester City
Result: Watford 0-4 Manchester City