Sheffield United look to mount a late charge for a top five finish as they welcome Chelsea to Bramall Lane.
Chris Wilder’s Blades can climb into sixth with a win whilst Chelsea will be assured of third come end of this round of fixtures with victory.
David McGoldrick could be absent for Sheffield Utd if he fails a late fitness test on a foot injury, which sidelined the Irish striker against Wolves in midweek.
John Fleck (unspecified) face late fitness check but Leon Clarke and Luke Freeman remain out with unspecified injuries.
Chelsea will be without Billy Gilmour for rest of season after the youngster needed surgery on a knee injury suffered at Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
Mateo Kovacic (calf) could return if passes a fitness test but N’Golo Kante (hamstring), Fikayo Tomori ((muscle) and Marco van Ginkel (knee) are ruled out.
- Sheffield Utd have lost three of their last five meetings against Chelsea (W1, D1, L3).
- Chelsea have lost two of three previous Premier League trips to Bramall Lane, despite scoring twice in two of those three visits (W1, L2).
- There is yet to be a red card handed out in this Premier League fixture after seven previous meetings.
- Sheffield Utd have taken the lead in just one of their last four clashes against Chelsea, which came through Jostein Flo in May 1994 despite eventually losing 3-2.
- Kurt Zouma is the only Chelsea player this season to have made more than one last man tackle, having made three last man tackles.
This is a huge clash for both teams because defeat for Chelsea could allow the Blades back into the fight for a top four finish, although Utd have had to scrap their way to points in recent matches.
I therefore am expecting a competitive clash but Sheffield Utd have been the Achilles heel of many London teams this season, with just one defeat for the Blades against teams from the Capital so the longer this stays goalless, the more likely Utd could nick this.
Prediction: Sheffield United 1-0 Chelsea
Result: Sheffield United 3-0 Chelsea