Copenhagen host Manchester United at Parken Stadium in a pivotal Group A encounter in 2023-24 UEFA Champions League.
Victory could see Copenhagen go second if Galatasaray lose to Bayern Munich, whilst Man Utd can also benefit from a defeat for Galatasaray and go second with a win.
Mohamd Elyounoussi is a doubt for Copenhagen after he missed their last three matches with an unspecified injury.
Birger Meling (muscle), David Khocholava, Noah Sahsah (both knee) and William Clem (leg) are ruled out.
Man Utd could welcome Victor Lindelof back into contention after he missed their Premier League win at Fulham, due to illness.
Marcus Rashford (leg) is a doubt but Lisandro Martinez (foot), Luke Shaw (muscle),, Casmiro (hamstring), Jadon Sancho (personal), Tyrell Malacia and Amad Diallo (both knee) remain sidelined.
When is Kick-Off?
Copenhagen host Man Utd at Parken Stadium in a 9pm CET (8pm UK Time) kick-off on Wednesday 8 November, live on TNT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Copenhagen have won one of their four previous meetings against Man Utd in all UEFA competitions (W1, L3).
- Man Utd lost their only previous competitive visit to Copenhagen by a 1-0 result in November 2006 (L1).
- Utd have kept a clean sheet during all three of their wins over Copenhagen.
- Copenhagen have scored first in each of their last two home matches in the Champions League (W1, D1).
- Man Utd have scored first in two of their three Group A matches this season (W1, L2).
Despite having frustrated Utd with a resilient performance at Old Trafford, Copenhagen just lacked that end product to claim at least a draw but hopefully they can build upon that display at home – where they have suffered just two defeats since the start of 2021-22 season in this competition.
Man Utd meanwhile were lucky to snatch victory at Fulham because aside from Scott McTominay’s disallowd goal and Bruno Fernandes’ winner, they were just lacklustre and lucky that Andre Onana denied the Cottagers with excellent saves.
Now another wasteful performance like that let alone their two previous games and I wouldn’t be surprised if Copenhagen wins this game, yet this is Utd who can somehow be unpredictable at times so a draw feels like a fair bet knowing the Red Devils’ trickiness.
Prediction: Copenhagen 1-1 Manchester United
Result: Copenhagen 4-3 Manchester United