Atletico Madrid face Celtic at Metropolitano in Group E of 2023-24 UEFA Champions League.
Victory could put Atletico top if Feyenoord fail to win against Lazio, whilst Celtic could move level on points with third-placed Lazio if the Italians lose to Feyenoord.
Ivo Grbic is unlikely to feature for Atletico Madrid after he missed their La Liga defeat at Las Palmas with a muscle injury.
Memphis Depay (muscle), Samuel Lino (knee), Vitolo, Reinildo Mandava (both ACL) and Thomas Lemar (Achilles) are sidelined.
Celtic will be without Reo Hatate after he suffered a hamstring injury a fortnight ago in the home encounter against Atletico.
Liel Abada (thigh), Marco Tilio (unspecified) and James McCarthy (hamstring) remains absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Atletico Madrid face Celtic at Metropolitano on Tuesday 7 November in a 9pm CET kick-off (8pm UK Time), live on TNT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Atletico Madrid are unbeaten in seven previous meetings against Celtic in all UEFA competitions (W4, D3).
- Celtic are winless in three previous visits to Atletico Madrid in all competitions (D1, L2).
- Atletico’s two home wins over Celtic were both via 2-0 results in April 1974 and September 2011 respectively.
- Five of Atletico’s six goals in Group E this season have been scored between Alvaro Morata (3) and Antoine Griezmann (2).
- Two of Celtic’s three goals in Group E have been scored by Kyogo Furuhashi.
After suffering a surprise defeat at Las Palmas on Friday evening, Atletico must quickly put that result behind them but they’re yet to keep a clean sheet at home this season, which is a slight concern given their goalscoring talent and otherwise strong form.
Celtic meanwhile comfortably dispatched Ross County in their domestic game at the weekend and after battling hard in their home leg, I do hope that they can bring the same spirit and intensity here but try and not to concede twice from in front again.
Atletico though are yet to taste anything other than wins on home turf so this is a tough ask but if Celtic can play like a team with little to lose given their position, I wouldn’t be surprised if they can somehow again snatch a point.
Prediction: Atletico Madrid 1-1 Celtic
Result: Atletico Madrid 6-0 Celtic