Manchester City look to seal knockout qualification against Young Boys at Etihad Stadium in Group G of 2023-24 UEFA Champions League.
Victory would see Man City stay top and secure their qualification spot for the knockout stages, whilst Young Boys can stay third with a win or if Red Star Belgrade fail to better their result elsewhere.
Erling Haaland is a doubt for Man City after he was substituted with an ankle injury during their dominant Premier League win over Bournemouth.
Sergio Gomez (unspecified) and Kevin De Bruyne (hamstring) remain absent.
Young Boys will be without Lukasz Lakomy due to a foot injury.
Kastriot Imeri (knee) remains ruled out indefinitely.
When is Kick-Off?
Man City host Young Boys at Etihad Stadium in a 8pm GMT kick-off on Tuesday 7 November, live on TNT Sport 2 in the UK.
- Man City have won their only previous meeting against Young Boys, prevailing 3-1 in Switzerland in October 2023.
- Young Boys are playing away to Man City for the first time in all competitions.
- Man City lost their only previous home match against Swiss opposition in all UEFA competitions. which came against Basel in a 2-1 defeat in March 2018.
- Pep Guardiola’s Cityzens have won all three Group G matches by a 3-1 result, with Julian Alvarez scoring three goals in two of his three appearances.
- Two of Young Boys’ four goals in Group G have been scored by Meschak Elia.
Having delivered arguably their most dominant display of the season in their 6-1 drubbing of Bournemouth with fantastic control and finishing, Man City now just really need to build upon that performance but their defence are still prone to sloppy mistakes as often happened this season.
Young Boys meanwhile have little hope of getting a result here but it is imperative that they produce the same resilient test as they did at home, otherwise they can forget any hopes of catching RB Leipzig and the second knockout qualification spot.
This match though does feel like it might just be too tough an ask for the Swiss visitors if Man City are as rampant as they were on Saturday.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-1 Young Boys
Result: Manchester City 3-0 Young Boys