Chelsea host Brentford at Stamford Bridge in a West London derby.
Victory could see Chelsea move up to eighth in the table, whilst Brentford can go tenth with a win ahead of the mid-afternoon kick-offs if Palace lose on Friday evening.
Chelsea have no fresh injury concerns to report after their 2-2 draw against Arsenal last weekend.
Trevorh Chalobah, Ben Chilwell (both hamstring), Wesley Fofana (ACL), Romeo Lavia (ankle), Carney Chukwuemeka, Armando Broja and Christopher Nkunku (all knee) remain ruled out.
Brentford will welcome full-back, Aaron Hickey back into contention after he missed their win over Burnley through suspension.
Mikkel Damsgaard, Rico Henry (both knee), Shandon Baptiste (shoulder), Josh Dasilva (hamstring), Kevin Schade (adductor), Keane Lewis-Potter (calf) and Ivan Toney (suspnesion) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Chelsea host Brentford at Stamford Bridge in a 12:30pm BST kick-off on Saturday 28 October, live on TNT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Chelsea have won just one of four previous Premier League meetings against Brentford (W1, D1, L2).
- Brentford have won each of their two previous Premier League visits to Chelsea (W2), during which they scored six goals and conceded one goal across both trips.
- Brentford are looking to keep three consecutive clean sheets against Chelsea in all competitions for the first time in their history.
- Nicolas Jackson has converted nine of his 21 shots onto target this season, more than any other Chelsea player.
- Brentford have claimed 23 points from their last 11 London derbies in the Premier League (W6, D5).
Having finally began to click as a proper team, Chelsea certainly impressed against Arsenal with fantastic energetic attacking play, yet switched off defensively late on which cost them the win so I would like to see more focus at the back especially when two goals up.
Brentford meanwhile ended their rut with a brilliantly aggressive attacking performance against Burnley which they will need here, especially if they’re to extend their recent form at Stamford Bridge in the last two seasons.
Chelsea though are a much-improved team compared to their last two home games against Brentford, so I do expect this to be a cracker if both teams can replicate their attacking performances, yet something in me feels like the Blues will snatch bragging rights here.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Brentford
Result: Chelsea 0-2 Brentford