Manchester United welcome Omonia to Old Trafford in Group E of 2022-23 UEFA Europa League.
Victory would see Utd stay second in the group with two matches left, whilst Omonia know that anything else than a win would all but mathematically eliminate them from contention for knockout stage.
Anthony Martial is a doubt for Man Utd after he suffered a back injury in their comeback Premier League win at Everton on Sunday.
Marcus Rashford (knock) is a doubt but Aaron Wan-Bissaka (knock), Donny van de Beek (muscle), Harry Maguire (thigh), Brandon Williams (unspecified) and Mason Greenwood (personal) remain absent.
Omonia could be without goalkeeper, Fabiano after he suffered a shoulder injury in their defeat at home to Man Utd last week.
- Man Utd won their first meeting against Omonia by a 3-2 result last week (6 October 2022),
- Omonia are visiting Old Trafford for the very-first time in all competitions.
- Victory over Omonia would mean that Cyprus becomes the sixth country that Man Utd have achieved a 100% record against in just two club matches.
- Utd are looking to avoid losing consecutive home matches in the same group campaign for the first time since 1996-97 Champions League, in which they lost to Fenerbahce and Juventus.
- Omonia have conceded three goals in two of their three group matches this season, with both games ending in defeat (L2).
Having conceded first in each of their last two matches albeit away from home, Man Utd have delivered two excellent comeback performances with great pressing but they do still need to cut out their sloppy starts to matches, which has motivated oppositional teams to get at them in recent games.
Omonia meanwhile know that a defeat would end their hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages but they need to take the positives from their first-half attacking display, yet defensively try and play better following their second-half collapse at home to Utd last week.
If Utd however turn up and play with the same quality that they showed for large parts of Sunday’s win at Everton but neater and across 90 minutes, I can’t see Omonia achieving anything from this game.
Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Omonia
Result: Manchester United 1-0 Omonia