West Ham welcome Anderlecht to London Stadium in Group B of 2022-23 UEFA Europa Conference League.
Victory will see West Ham secure qualification for the knockout stage, whilst Anderlecht can stay second in the group with a win.
Michail Antonio is a doubt for West Ham after struggling with a cold earlier this week, following his goal in their comeback Premier League victory against Fulham.
Maxwel Cornet (calf) and Nayef Aguerd (ankle) remain absent.
Anderlecht could be without Julien Duranville after he suffered an injury in their domestic win at Mechelen.
Jan Vertonghen and Majeed Ashimeru (both illness) are doubts but Adrien Trebel (shoulder) and Marco Kana (unspecified) are still absent.
- West Ham have won just one of two previous meetings against Anderlecht in all UEFA competitions (W1, L1).
- Anderlecht are playing away to West Ham for the very first time in all competitions.
- West Ham are yet to lose at home to Belgian opposition across all UEFA competitions (W1, D1).
- Anderlecht have failed to win any of six previous away visits to English opposition this century in all UEFA competitions (D1, L5).
- Three of Gianluca Scamacca’s four goals for West Ham in this competition this season have been scored at home.
Since returning from the international break, West Ham have definitely built momentum with three consecutive wins but were certainly tested early on against Fulham, amidst poor defensive positioning but they showed progress throughout.
David Moyes though should be pleased with their response to falling behind early on because their energy and spirit looked the most united it has been all season, which will be important here if they want to wrap up qualification in order to focus on improving their domestic form.
Anderlecht though were no pushovers last week in Brussels despite being outplayed by Moyes’ Hammers but they will need to show more quality on the attack, even if it means defensively opening the game up for West Ham and their aggressive attacking pace.
This game though shouldn’t be any easier than it was last week but if West Ham play like they did on Sunday but better, I can see them having enough to take another crucial win.
Prediction: West Ham 2-0 Anderlecht
Result: West Ham 2-1 Anderlecht