Bodø/Glimt host Arsenal at Aspmyra Stadion in Group A of 2022-23 UEFA Europa League.
Victory could see Bodø/Glimt improve to second if PSV Eindhoven lose elsewhere, whereas Arsenal can stay top with a win and potentially extend their lead to five points.
Gaute Hoberg Vetti is ruled out for Bodø/Glimt after he missed their defeat in North London with a hip injury last week.
Sondre Fet remains ruled out with a knee injury.
Arsenal could again be without Oleksandr Zinchenko after he sat out their Premier League victory over Liverpool with a muscle injury.
Matt Turner could return in goal whilst Rob Holding, Albert Sambi Lokonga are amongst outfield players looking for a recall, having been dropped to the bench at the weekend.
Emile Smith Rowe (groin) and Mohamed Elneny (hamstring) remain absent.
- Bodø/Glimt lost their only previous meeting to Arsenal 3-0 in North London last week (6 October 2022).
- Arsenal are visiting Aspmyra Stadion for the very first time in all competitions.
- This is Bodø/Glimt’S first-ever home match against English opposition.
- Bodø/Glimt are yet to lose at home in all UEFA competitions this season (W5), during which they scored 19 goals and conceded just once – albeit in a 2-1 win over Zurich in September 2022.
- Eddie Nketiah has scored in each of his last four European appearances for Arsenal, of which three goals came before half-time.
Following a poor defensive display at the Emirates Stadium last week especially in the first-half, Bodø/Glimt certainly need to take the positives of their second-half effort amidst a missing clinical end product to some decent attacks.
Arsenal though have scored three goals in each of their last four matches in all competitions and again showed excellent attacking intent in their win over Liverpool, although I do expect squad rotation here particularly in defence after Gabriel was at fault for both conceded goals.
Mikel Arteta’s Gunners however should be wary of Bodø/Glimt’s impressive home record in European competitions this season, which will certainly motivate the hosts but Arsenal should have enough quality to snatch the win even if it is a tougher battle than at home.
Prediction: Bodø/Glimt 1-2 Arsenal
Result: Bodø/Glimt 0-1 Arsenal