Zurich welcome Arsenal to Kybunpark in Group A of 2022-23 UEFA Europa League.
Victory could see Zurich or Arsenal go top if can better PSV’s result against Bodø/Glimt in the other Group A match.
Zurich have no fresh injury concerns to report as Ilan Sauter and Bogdan Viunnyk are ruled out through injury
Arsenal could be without Emile Smith Rowe due to a muscle injury suffered during a warm-down session after Sunday’s 3-1 Premier League defeat at Manchester United.
Mohamed Elneny (hamstring), Thomas Partey (thigh) and Reiss Nelson (muscle) are ruled out.
- This is Zurich’s first-ever meeting against Arsenal in all UEFA competitions.
- Arsenal are visiting Zurich for the first time in all UEFA competitions.
- Zurich are unbeaten in two of four previous home meetings against English opposition in all UEFA competitions (W2, L2).
- Arsenal have won all six previous meetings against Swiss opposition across all UEFA competitions (W6).
- Zurich have kept one clean sheet in three home matches in all UEFA competitions this season (W2, D1).
Despite enduring a woeful start to their domestic season, Zurich can’t be written off because there is clearly attacking quality within this Swiss team as demonstrated already in Europe, yet their defending clearly leaves a lot to be desired which Arsenal surely have to target.
Mikel Arteta’s Gunners though are coming into this game off the back of their first defeat of the season, in which they simply wasted their chances at Man Utd whilst high defensive lines were ruthlessly punished.
I though do expect a strong reaction from Arsenal given their superior attacking form and if they can get at Zurich’s vulnerable defence aggressively, this should be an easy outcome for the visitors because Zurich clearly are there for the taking at the back.
Prediction: Zurich 0-3 Arsenal
Result: Zurich 1-2 Arsenal