Brentford welcome Manchester United to Brentford Community Stadium in a rearranged Premier League clash.
Victory could see Brentford climb to tenth if Leicester fail to win elsewhere, whereas a win would lift Utd up to sixth if Tottenham fail to win at Leicester.
Brentford manager, Thomas Frank has no fresh injury concerns to report after the Bees lost 3-0 at Liverpool on Sunday.
Mathias Jorgensen, Charlie Goode (both hamstring), Julian Jeanvier, David Raya (both knee), Frank Onyeka (international duty) and Josh Dasilva (hip) remain ruled out indefinitely.
Man Utd could welcome Luke Shaw and Scott McTominay back after the pair served one-match bans in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Aston Villa.
Cristiano Ronaldo (hip) and Marcus Rashford (leg) could return but Aaron Wan Bissaka (illness) is a doubt
Eric Bailly (international duty), Anthony Martial (knee) and Paul Pogba (quad) remain absent.
- This is Brentford’s first-ever Premier League meeting against Manchester United
- Brentford are winless in their last five meetings against Man Utd in all competitions (D1, L4).
- Man Utd are visiting Brentford Community Stadium for the very first time, although the Red Devils have won two of their six previous away games in this fixture in all competitions (W2, D1, L3).
- Brentford have claimed just eight points from 14 league matches in which they conceded first this season (W2, D2, L10).
- No European midfielder has provided more assists in the Premier League this season than Man Utd’s Paul Pogba, who has provided seven assists.
With four defeats in their last five league games, Brentford certainly are beginning to be found out which was evident in how badly they were outplayed at Liverpool on Sunday, yet Aitor Fernandez did well to save ten of the Reds’ 13 shots on target to minimise their losing margin.
Man Utd meanwhile were excellent in attack against Villa for majority of Saturday’s clash at Villa Park with great energy in their runs, yet a mixture of poor finishing and a late second-half defensive collapse proved their downfall but a point is a positive step forward.
I though am expecting rotation from both teams here but Brentford are playing their third game in eight days and are out of form, which makes me lean towards an away win if Utd can avoid repeating their defensive errors and finish chances better.
Prediction: Brentford 0-2 Manchester United
Result: Brentford 1-3 Manchester United