Manchester City welcome Wolves to Etihad Stadium in a huge Premier League clash.
Victory will see City stay top of the table whereas Wolves can go as high as sixth with a win.
Aymeric Laporte is a doubt for Man City after missing their midweek Champions League defeat at RB Leipzig with a knock.
Nathan Ake (back), Phil Foden (ankle) and Gabriel Jesus (knock) are considered doubts for this match.
Ferran Torres (foot), Liam Delap (ankle) and Benjamin Mendy (personal) are still ruled out.
Wolves could welcome Fernando Marcal back into contention after recovering from a positive Coronavirus test.
Conor Coady (ankle) is also set to feature but Rayan Ait Nouri (knock) is a doubt and could join Jonny, Pedro Neto (both knee), Yerson Mosquera (hamstring) and Willy Boly (muscle) on sidelines.
- Man City have lost two of their last six league meetings against Wolves (W3, D1, L2).
- Wolves have won just one of their last seven visits to Man City (W1, D1, L5).
- Three of City’s seven goals against Wolves last season were scored by Gabriel Jesus.
- No South American Premier League player has produced more assists in the opening 15 matchweeks than Man City’s Gabriel Jesus who created six goals.
- Wolves have scored just once in their last five league matches.
Although Tuesday’s dead rubber European defeat will be disappointing, City will be eager for a reaction because they have recently been unbeatable with excellent aggressive pressing on attack, coupled with disciplined defending despite defensive slips in recent games.
Wolves meanwhile have seen their form slip lately but they did defensively make life incredibly difficult for Liverpool last weekend, whilst acting selflessly on the attack but they cannot afford to play like that here because they have to be selfish on the attack and take chances themselves at times.
This game therefore feels like Man City’s to lose but if Wolves play like they did last weekend but with more selfishness and clinical finishing on the attack, I can see a much tougher test for City than many might expect.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-1 Wolves
Result: Manchester City 1-0 Wolves