Fulham welcome QPR to Craven Cottage in Saturday’s headline tie in the latest round of 2021-22 Sky Bet Championship action.
Victory could see Fulham go third if Coventry and Stoke both lose elsewhere, whereas QPR would leapfrog the Cottagers with a win and climb as high as fourth.
Joe Bryan could return to Fulham’s starting eleven after being named as an unused substitute in their 4-1 away defeat to Coventry a fortnight ago, having struggled with a back injury.
Kenny Tete (hamstring) and Fabio Carvalho (knee) are doubts but Terence Kongolo and Tom Cairney (both knee) remain ruled out.
QPR could welcome Sam McCallum back if the 21 year-old has fully recovered from a hamstring injury.
Lee Wallace (hamstring) is also set to return if declared match fit but Sam Field (knee) remains absent.
- Fulham are unbeaten in their last five matches against QPR (W3, D2).
- QPR have won just one of their last nine league visits to Craven Cottage (W1, D2, L6).
- Three of the last four league meetings have been won by Fulham via 2-1 results.
- Aleksandr Mitrovic has scored five league goals in three of Fulham’s five home matches this season.
- QPR have scored first in three of their five away matches this season.
Having suffered a second-half defensive implosion in their 4-1 defeat at Coventry prior to the international break, Fulham will be eager to produce a reaction and get their automatic promotion quickly back on track and prove that result was simply down to their hoodoo in that fixture rather than start of a slump.
QPR meanwhile mounted a spirited comeback to defeat Preston with three clinically well-worked goals, yet struggled with swift counter-attacking passes and cut-ins from the Lilywhites so will definitely have to be wary here because Fulham do pose goal threats across the pitch.
Goals though should be a certainty here given recent head-to-head form so I am hoping to see a good fight but Fulham should have enough in them for a home win.
Prediction: Fulham 2-1 QPR
Result: Fulham 4-1 QPR