Southampton welcome Wolves to St Mary’s Stadium in the first of this week’s Super Sunday double bill.
Victory would put Southampton up to 11th in the table, whereas Wolves can leapfrog their hosts with a win and go 13th for at least a few hours.
Theo Walcott could return for Southampton if deemed match fit after recovering from a muscle injury.
Jack Stephens (knee) joins Stuart Armstrong (calf) and Will Smallbone (knee) on sidelines.
Wolves will be without Rayan Ait Nouri due to concussion protocols.
Yerson Mosquera (hamstring) is ruled out and joins Hugo Bueno (hamstring), Jonny and Pedro Neto (both knee) on the injury list.
- Southampton have won just one of their last six Premier League meetings against Wolves (W1, D2, L3).
- Wolves have won two of four previous Premier League visits to Southampton (W2, L2), with both wins coming in their last two visits.
- Pedro Neto has scored for Wolves in each of his two previous appearances away at Southampton.
- No Southampton player has been substituted more times in the league this season than Oriol Romeu, who has been taken off the pitch in three of his five appearances.
- Only one of Raul Jimenez’s 14 shots has been converted onto target in five league appearances this season.
Having dug deep for a goalless draw at Manchester City last weekend, Southampton can come into this match full of confidence despite finding themselves held to a scrappy 2-2 draw at Sheffield United before prevailing on penalties in midweek Carabao Cup action.
Wolves meanwhile need massive improvements in their league performances because they did look largely lifeless against Brentford last weekend, yet were able to turn it on against Tottenham in midweek cup action albeit from two goals down so their task will be to carry that newfound progress into this game.
I however do feel that Southampton look the stronger team on form and if they can find their finishing edge which was absent last weekend, I can see them having too much for Wolves who certainly do have work to do up front in terms of their end product.
Prediction: Southampton 2-1 Wolves
Result: Southampton 0-1 Wolves