Burnley welcome top four chasing West Ham to Turf Moor in the second part of a Monday Night Football double-header.
Victory would see Burnley rise three positions to 13th, whereas West Ham can go fifth with a win.
Burnley have no fresh injury concerns to report after thrashing Wolves at Molineux last weekend, as Robbie Brady (Achilles) and Kevin Long (calf) remain absent.
West Ham will have Fabian Balbuena in contention after his red card in last weekend’s loss to Chelsea was successfully rescinded on appeal.
Craig Dawson is available after serving a one match ban but Michail Antonio (hamstring) is a doubt, meaning that he could potentially join Arthur Masuaku (knee), Declan Rice (knee) and Aaron Creswell (hamstring) on the sidelines.
- Burnley are unbeaten in five of their last seven meetings against West Ham (W4, D1, L2), keeping clean sheets in all four wins.
- West Ham have won just two of six previous Premier League trips to Turf Moor (W2, D1, L3).
- Chris Wood has scored in each of Burnley’s last three home games against West Ham, with Sean Dyche’s Clarets avoiding defeat on all three occasions (W2, D1).
- West Ham’s joint top goalscorers – Jesse Lingard and Tomas Soucek have netted nine goals apiece this season.
- Burnley have scored in all three home games this season refereed by Anthony Taylor (D2, L1), with the Clarets scoring first in two of those three matches.
Burnley come into this game off the back of arguably their best performance in recent seasons, in which they were just simply ruthless on the attack against a woeful Wolves team with clinical finishing and strong defending.
West Ham meanwhile need a result here if they’re to get their top four bid back on track, after seeing their creative attacks go to waste against Chelsea last weekend whilst poor marking of Timo Werner ultimately cost them a point.
I am therefore expecting to see a good contest here between two quality but quite different teams, but if West Ham can improve their defending, they should just have the edge here despite their recent poor form in this fixture.
Prediction: Burnley 1-2 West Ham
Result: Burnley 1-2 West Ham