Burnley welcome Everton to Turf Moor as the Xmas run-in continues to build in the Premier League.
Victory will lift Burnley out of the relegation zone whilst Everton can go fourth with a win.
Nick Pope is set to return in goal for Burnley after sitting out their five goal mauling at Manchester City due to concussion protocols.
Josh Brownhill, Phillip Bardsley (both back), Robbie Brady, Dale Stephens (both hamstring) and Johann Berg Gudmundsson (muscle) are also expected back, whilst Jack Cork isn’t fit enough yet to return from an ankle injury.
Everton could welcome Seamus Coleman back from a hamstring injury but Jean-Phillipe Gbamin (Achilles) and Lucas Digne (ankle) are sidelined.
- Burnley have won two of their last five meetings against Everton (W2, L3).
- Everton have won just two of their last five trips to Turf Moor (W2, L3).
- Both teams have scored one penalty apiece in 12 previous Premier League clashes, although Everton have missed two of their three penalties whereas Burnley scored their only spot-kick against the Toffees.
- Chris Wood is the only Burnley player to have missed more than one big chance this season, wasting six huge goal-scoring opportunities.
- No Everton player has been caught offside more times than Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who has been found offside on six occasions in 10 league appearances this season.
Burnley will be hurting after a fourth consecutive five goal battering at Manchester City last Saturday but in fairness, it was always a match which they would lose with or without Nick Pope in goal so now is an opportunity to hit back and rediscover their performance from against Crystal Palace a fortnight ago.
Everton meanwhile were unlucky to not snatch a draw against Leeds but their defending at times was poor coupled with sloppy finishing up front, with rediscovering their early season form now surely a worry for Carlo Ancelotti because the Toffees have gone off the boil lately.
I am therefore expecting a good match here between two out of form teams but if Everton can score first, I have a feeling that they might just push on for the win.
Prediction: Burnley 0-2 Everton
Result: Burnley 1-1 Everton