Sevilla welcome Chelsea to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in a mouth-watering Group E clash in 2020-21 UEFA Champions League.
Both teams enter this match safely qualified but a win would see Sevilla move closer towards claiming the title of Group E winners and go top, whereas a draw or win could see Chelsea remain top and on course to progress as group winners.
Sergio Escudero is ruled out for Sevilla after needing surgery on an dislocation of left elbow injury suffered against Krasnodar last week.
Bono is also absent after testing positive for Coronavirus.
Chelsea have no fresh injury concerns to report after Sunday’s goalless Premier League draw against Tottenham with Frank Lampard having a full squad at his disposal for the first time this season.
- Sevilla drew their only previous meeting against Chelsea which came back in October at Stamford in a goalless encounter (D1).
- Chelsea are unbeaten in four of their last five Champions League trips to Spain (W1, D3, L1)
- Sevilla have lost just one of their last nine meetings against English opposition in all European competitions dating back to February 2017 (W4, D4, L1).
- Blues’ Timo Werner has scored three goals in four Champions League appearances this season, of which two goals came before half-time.
- Sevilla have scored four goals in two home matches in Group E so far this season with Youssef En-Nesyri scoring twice.
Both teams enter this match in decent form with Sevilla having won all five of their November matches and are in fierce form against English opposition as a whole, which will be a worry for Chelsea.
Frank Lampard’s Blues however could cause some issues given their own decent away record in Spain but based on Sunday’s performance against Tottenham, they need to show more sharpness in their finishing despite overall playing better than Spurs.
I am therefore expecting a tough battle here and with nothing really at stake other than a potentially easier knockout path by winning their group, a score draw wouldn’t be a bad result.
Prediction: Sevilla 1-1 Chelsea
Result: Sevilla 0-4 Chelsea