Fulham welcome Aston Villa to Craven Cottage in the opening match of a Monday Night Football double-header.
A point will lift Fulham out of the relegation zone whilst Villa can climb into the top six with victory.
Fulham have no fresh injury concerns after Wednesday’s Carabao Cup win over Sheffield Wednesday with a full squad available for selection.
Villa continue to be without Bjorn Engels (quadriceps) plus Tom Heaton and Wesley (both knee), as the trio remain indefinite absentees.
- Fulham have won four of last five meetings against Aston Villa in all competitions (W4, L1).
- Villa have avoided defeat in just two of last seven trips to Craven Cottage in all competitions (D2, L5).
- In 26 previous Premier League meetings, Villa are yet to receive a red card against Fulham.
- Joe Bryan and Harrison Reed have made the joint highest number of interceptions out of all Fulham players, with six interceptions each.
- Neither team are yet to make an error which leads to a goal this season.
After a disastrous opening day defeat to Arsenal a fortnight ago, Fulham bounced back at Leeds with a more clinical display yet their defensive faults continue to linger as they fell to a 4-3 loss, despite showing spirit to fight back once 4-1 down when other teams would of simply rolled over.
Villa meanwhile had to dig deep to defeat a 10-man Sheffield United last week which shows that despite their squad improvement over summer, there is still work to do up front in terms of maximising those sort of opportunities.
This therefore could be a very scrappy game because Fulham looks better up front yet are unstable defensively whereas Villa lack that sharpness in attack but are solid in defence, which could very well make for an intriguing game and possibly a score draw.
Prediction: Fulham 1-1 Aston Villa
Result: Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa