Burnley welcome Sheffield United to Turf Moor in a huge Super Sunday clash in the race for seventh.
A win for Burnley would see them leapfrog Sheffield Utd and move into eighth, although the Blades can move into seventh if they take victory.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Burnley could welcome Jay Rodriguez back from a hamstring injury that kept him out of Monday’s win at Crystal Palace.
Robbie Brady (groin), Johann Berg Gudmundsson (calf), Chris Wood (Achilles) and Jack Cork (ankle) will all face late fitness tests alongside Rodriguez.
Matt Lowton (foot), Ashley Barnes and Ben Gibson (both fitness) remain absent.
Sheffield Utd could welcome Jack O’ Connell back from a knee injury if he passes a late fitness test.
John Lundstram (shoulder), John Fleck, Luke Freeman and Leon Clarke (all unspecified) are ruled out for at least Sheffield Utd’s next three matches.
- Burnley have lost just one of their last six meetings against Sheffield United (W4, D1, L1).
- Sheffield Utd are unbeaten in three of their last five trips to Turf Moor (W2, D1, L2).
- Both teams have scored in two of last three meetings, although those two clashes both came in the Championship with a 3-3 draw at Bramall Lane then Burnley won 4-2 at Turf Moor in 2010-11 season.
- Burnley’s central defence of James Tarkowski and Ben Mee have produced 70 combined blocks between them this season, with Tarkowski making 39 blocks to Mee’s 31.
- No Sheffield Utd player has made more interceptions than Chris Basham this season, with Basham intercepting the ball on 66 occasions in 32 appearances.
Having hit rock bottom at Manchester United just a week and a half ago, Sheffield Utd have finally seemed to rediscover their mojo with a stunning midweek performance against Tottenham.
Burnley however will be a tough test because the Clarets know how to trouble teams on a good day, even if mean grinding out results but if the Blades score first without the huge loss in Fleck then I can see an away win here.
Prediction: Burnley 0-1 Sheffield United
Result: Burnley 1-1 Sheffield United