Newcastle United welcome relegation battling West Ham United to St James’ Park in the second of a Super Sunday quadruple header.
Newcastle could climb into the top ten with a win if Burnley lose at lunchtime, whilst victory could take West Ham six points clear of relegation.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Joelinton faces a late fitness test for Newcastle after being substituted during Wednesday’s 4-1 win at Bournemouth with a calf injury.
Jamaal Lascelles (ankle), Javi Manquillo (strain), Sean Longstaff (thigh) will also face fitness checks ahead of the match.
Florian Lejeune (thigh) and Ciaran Clark (ankle) are ruled out.
West Ham could welcome Sebastien Haller (hip), Arthur Masuaku ankle), Felipe Anderson (strain) and Mark Noble (hamstring) back if the trio pass fitness tests.
Robert Snodgrass remains ruled out with a back injury.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in four of their last six competitive meetings against West Ham (W4, L2).
- West Ham have taken just four points from their last five trips to St James’ Park (W1, D1, L3).
- None of last eight competitive goals scored in this fixture have come from a striker.
- Martin Dubravka is the only Newcastle player to have every minute of each league match this season.
- All 29 of Michail Antonio’s West Ham goals have come from inside the penalty box.
Newcastle produced another great performance in midweek because they constantly hassled Bournemouth’s defence from the opening minute, which stands them in good stead against a West Ham team who will look to kick on after a huge win over Chelsea.
I however feel that although West Ham played well and got lucky with a sloppy Chelsea defence, they are going to have to step it up here because if Newcastle continue to show sharp tenacity then this could be an easy home win.
Prediction: Newcastle United 2-1 West Ham United
Result: Newcastle United 2-2 West Ham United