Sheffield United welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Bramall Lane in a huge clash as both teams look to snatch an Europa League qualification spot.
A win would see Chris Wilder’s Blades leapfrog Tottenham into seventh, whilst Spurs likewise can move into seventh themselves with victory displacing their North London rivals – Arsenal.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Sheffield Utd could be without John Lundstram after the midfielder suffered a shoulder injury during Sunday’s FA Cup loss to Arsenal.
Lundstram however will face a late fitness test alongside Jack O’ Connell (knee).
Tottenham could welcome Troy Parrott back into the matchday squad after missing the restart due to an appendix operation.
Defenders, Juan Foyth (knee) and Japhet Tanganga (back) are ruled out.
- Sheffield United have won just one of their last seven meetings against Tottenham in all competitions (W1, D4, L2).
- Tottenham are winless in their last six trips to Sheffield Utd (D3, L3).
- Sheffield Utd have scored in five of seven previous Premier League matches against Spurs (W2, D3. L2), although are unbeaten in their three home Premier League meetings (W2, D1).
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has lost 85 aerial battles in 22 league appearances this season.
- Oliver Norwood is the only Blades player to score a penalty this season, doing so on just one occasion.
Sheffield Utd simply have to go for it after suffering their first loss in all competitions against a London based team this season at the weekend, although they didn’t do little wrong except defensively which is what Spurs will have to look to expose.
I however do wonder if a nine day gap might hinder Tottenham here because Sheffield Utd will have the fresher energy but have just lacked any clinical edge of pre-lockdown unlike Spurs.
This therefore is a tough game to call but given that Bramall Lane hasn’t really been exactly a happy hunting ground for the North Londoners, I think the Blades might just edge this if can improve on Sunday’s showing and execute their chances clinically.
Prediction: Sheffield United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Result: Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur