Brighton welcome Manchester United to the Amex Stadium in a crunch clash at both ends of the Premier League table.
Brighton can move nine points clear of relegation with victory whilst Man Utd can return to fifth if they take a win.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Adam Webster could feature for Brighton after recovering from a thigh injury sustained in last Tuesday’s goalless draw at Leicester.
Tariq Lamptey is also expected to be available after recovering from a serious facial injury suffered at the King Power Stadium.
Man Utd have no fresh injury concerns to report with Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones still out with respective unspecified injuries.
- Brighton have won two of their five previous Premier League meetings against Manchester United (W2, L3).
- Man Utd have won just two of their six previous league trips to Brighton (W2, D1, L3), although they’ve lost both Premier League trips to the Amex Stadium.
- Utd’s Marcus Rashford has scored in his last two appearances against Brighton, albeit in home victories at Old Trafford.
- No Brighton player has produced more crosses than Pascal Gross this season, with 126 crosses in 24 league appearances.
- Man Utd are yet to score from a free-kick this season in the Premier League.
Man Utd will be up for this game because a win would see them leapfrog Wolves back into fifth, thereby placing further pressure on Chelsea and Leicester who would be within a win if they lose elsewhere later this week.
Brighton however have shown that they’re not to be messed with since Project Restart, so will give the Red Devils a tough game and have the better fitness advantage given that Utd needed extra time to defeat Norwich on Saturday in the FA Cup.
I therefore am hoping to see a competitive game because Man Utd will likely dominate possession, which might suit Brighton if they can do to Utd what they did in their last home outing to Arsenal given their decent home league record over Man U.
Prediction: Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Manchester United
Result: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-3 Manchester United