North Macedonia host England at Tose Proeski Arena in their final UEFA Euro 2024 qualifier in Group C.
North Macedonia will finish fourth in the group regardless of their result in this game, whilst already-qualified England can secure their spot within pot 1 for the main tournament draw with a win.
North Macedonia have no fresh injury concerns after their 5-2 loss to Italy last Friday (17 November) evening.
England have no fresh injury concerns to report but will be without Kieran Trippier after the defender withdrew for personal reasons.
When is Kick-Off?
North Macedonia host England at Tose Proeski Arena in a 8:45pm CET (7:45pm UK Time) kick-off on Monday 20 November, live on Channel 4 in the UK.
- North Macedonia are winless in their five previous meetings against England (D2, L3).
- England have won each of their two previous visits to North Macedonia (W2).
- North Macedonia have scored one goal and conceded three goals in two previous home clashes against England.
- Four of North Macedonia’s five competitive goals at home in this group have been scored by Enis Bardhi and Elif Elmas, who have both scored two goals apiece.
- Two of Harry Kane’s three away goals for England across all competitions in 2023 have been scored from the penalty spot.
Although qualification was always a tall order, North Macedonia can be proud of their performance because they have certainly provided tough opposition for Italy and Ukraine, even though their defence has been their weak point but this is a chance to relax and finish on a high.
England meanwhile simply need to turn up and fire on all cylinders quickly with a more high-enegy attacking performance, because they simply can’t be any slower and sluggish than they were against Malta to put it mildly despite two clinical goals.
North Macedonia though shouldn’t be pushovers if they have learned from their embarrasing defeat in Manchester, so I do expect this game to be much closer but England surely can find that extra gear to get the win and guarantee a top seeding in the draw.
Prediction: North Macedonia 1-2 England
Result: North Macedonia 1-1 England