Aston Villa look to keep pace with their title rivals in a home clash against mid-table Fulham at Villa Park.
Victory would see Villa climb to fourth if Liverpool lose elsewhere, whilst Fulham can go as high as 11th with a win – ideally by a winning margin of five goals and depending upon results elsewhere.
Aston Villa have no fresh injury concerns to report after their comeback UEFA Europa Conference League win over AZ Alkmaar on Thursday evening.
Tyrone Mings (knee), Jacob Ramsey (foot) and Emiliano Buendia (ACL) remain ruled out.
Fulham will be without Rodrigo Muniz Carvalho due to a knee injury which will keep the forward out for a few weeks.
Adama Traore (hamstring), Kenny Tete (knock) and Tosin Adarabioyo (groin) are doubts but Issa Diop (foot) is still sidelined.
When is Kick-Off?
Aston Villa host Fulham at 2pm GMT on Sunday 12 November at Villa Park, untelevised live in the UK.
- Aston Villa have claimed 10 points from their last seven Premier League meetings against Fulham (W3, D1, L3).
- Fulham have won just one of their last five Premier League visits to Villa Park (W1, D1, L3).
- Tom Cairney and Carlos Vinicius were both used as second-half substitutes for Fulham against Villa
- All five of Douglas Luiz’s league goals for Villa this season have been scored on his right foot.
- Andreas Pereira has created more crosses in the top-flight than any other Fulham player this season, with 53 crosses produced in 11 appearances.
Following their surpise defeat at Nottingham Forest last weekend, Villa responded well with a clinical win over AZ Alkmaar where they looked back to their best, aside from a moment where a long ball exposed their defence high up the pitch.
Fulham meanwhile will be disappointed to have not got anything from their defeat at home to Manchester United because they played well, especially on the attack but a mixture of disappointing finishing plus saves by Andre Onana denied them.
Now if Marco Silva’s Cottagers can find their end product then they could well trouble Villa but Villa Park is a difficult ground to come and win at, which makes me feel that Villa will have enough to take the win if play as well as they did on Thursday evening.
Prediction: Aston Villa 2-1 Fulham
Result: Aston Villa 3-1 Fulham