Toulouse host Liverpool at Stadium TFC in Group E of 2023-24 UEFA Champions League.
Victory would see Toulouse move up to second if Union Saint-Gilloise lose elsewhere, whilst Liverpool can secure qualification with a win, plus top spot in the group should Saint-Gilloise be defeated by LASK.
Denis Genreau is ruled out for Toulouse with a back injury.
Zakaria Aboukhlal (knee) and Oliver Zanden (hip) remain ruled out.
Liverpool will be without midfielder, Curtis Jones after he missed their 1-1 draw at Luton with a minor fitness issue.
Virgil van Dijk (illness) and Ryan Gravenberch (knee) were left behind at home and won’t feature in this match.
Andrew Robertson (shoulder), Stefan Bajcetic (calf) and Thiago Alcantara (hip) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Toulouse host Liverpool at Stadium TFC on Thursday 9 November in a 6:45pm CET kick-off, live on TNT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Toulouse are yet to beat Liverpool in all UEFA competitions (L3).
- Liverpool won their only previous visit to Toulouse by 1-0 result in August 2007.
- Toulouse have scored in just one of their three previous meetings against Liverpool, during which they conceded ten goals.
- Two of Toulouse’s three goals in the group have been scored by Thijs Dallinga.
- Ryan Gravenberch and Diogo Jota have scored in each of Liverpool’s last two group matches.
Having suffered two further defeats since their mauling at Anfield a fortnight ago, Toulouse need to quickly regroup with much better defending because defeat here could leave them with a uphill scrap on their hands if want to qualify as runners-up.
Liverpool meanwhile were frustrated in their 1-1 draw at Luton in a game where they dominated yet lacked accuracy in their end product for much of the match, whilst their defence were exposed on the flanks and a late blistering counter-attack which Toulouse could look to try and exploit.
Jurgen Klopp’s Reds though should again have too much quality and cruise towards a knockout spot.
Prediction: Toulouse 1-2 Liverpool
Result: Toulouse 3-2 Liverpool