Aston Villa host Luton Town at Villa Park in a big Premier League clash with implications at both ends of the table.
Victory could put Villa up to third for a few hours at minimum if Liverpool lose elsewhere, whilst Luton can climb out of the relegation zone with at least a draw.
Aston Villa have no fresh injury concerns to report following their ruthless win at AZ Alkmaar in UEFA Europa Conference League.
Tyrone Mings (knee), Alex Moreno (fitness), Jacob Ramsey (foot) and Emiliano Buendia (ACL) remain ruled out.
Luton will be without defender, Reece Burke due to a thigh injury which forced him to be substituted during their 2-2 draw at Nottingham Forest.
Mads Andersen, Amari’i Bell, Albert Sambi Lokonga, Dan Potts (all hamstring) and Jordan Clark (ankle) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Aston Villa face Luton at Villa Park in a 2pm GMT kick-off on Sunday 29 October, untelevised live in the UK.
- This is Aston Villa’s first Premier League meeting against Luton, but have won just one of their last four league meetings in the Old First Division (W1, L3).
- Luton have won just one of their last six league visits to Aston Villa (W1, L5).
- This is Villa’s 40th meeting against Luton in all competitions.
- None of Ollie Watkins’ five league goals for Villa this season have come from a header.
- Luton’s Carlton Morris has won more aerial duels than any other Premier League player this season coming into this matchweek (45).
After hammering West Ham and AZ Alkmaar in a pair of 4-1 wins in the past week, Villa are certainly riding a strong wave at present with a clinical yet exciting fast-paced attack which surely will of put high confidence in them coming into this match as favourites.
Luton meanwhile are underdogs in this game but they can’t be written off after clinically battling back to draw at Forest from two goals down, which showed the character and grit within this team even when their defensive backs are against the wall.
Now if Villa get on the front foot and dominate as looks likely, Luton will need to be absolutely perfect across the pitch but I just can’t see them halting Villa’s roll at present.
Prediction: Aston Villa 3-0 Luton Town
Result: Aston Villa 3-1 Luton Town