Sevilla host Arsenal at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in a Group B clash in 2023-24 UEFA Champions League.
Arsenal can go top of Group B with victory if Lens fail to beat PSV Eindhoven, whilst Sevilla likewise can go top with a win coupled with Lens not defeating PSV.
Sevilla have no fresh injury concerns to report after their 1-1 draw against Real Madrid last weekend in La Liga.
Marcao (thigh), Alfonso Pastor (knee), Kike Salas and Mariano Diaz (both muscle) are ruled out.
Arsenal could welcome goalkeeper, Aaron Ramsdale back into contention after he missed their 2-2 draw at Chelsea due to personal reasons.
Jurrien Timber (knee) remains absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Sevilla host Arsenal at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in a 9pm CEST (8pm UK Time) kick-off on Tuesday 24 October, live on TNT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Sevilla have won one of two previous Champions League meetings against Arsenal (W1, L1).
- Arsenal lost their only previous Champions League visit to Sevilla in November 2007 by 3-1 result (L1).
- Across both previous meetings, the team playing at home scored three goals en-route to victory.
- Sevilla have scored first in each of their two Champions League games this season (D2).
- Gabriel Jesus has scored in each of Arsenal’s two Champions League games this season (W1, L1).
Despite having failed to win in their last four matches in all competitions, Sevilla can’t afford to be underestimated because they are a proven team in UEFA competitions but for all of their attacking quality, they’ve been defensively vulnerable with no clean sheet in five matches.
Arsenal meanwhile were sluggish for much of their comeback draw at Chelsea but a clever substitution in Leandro Trossard proved key, yet they were undoubtedly poor in their possession at times which can’t afford to be repeated here at any cost.
I however do expect them to bounce back because to return from the international break with a London derby is a tough task, so I hope that it was just a case of finding those gears again and that they will kick on here but Sevilla could be a tough ask to break down.
Prediction: Sevilla 1-1 Arsenal
Result: Sevilla 1-2 Arsenal