Northern Ireland host Slovenia at Windsor Park in a huge Group H clash in UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifying.
Regardless of the result, Northern Ireland will remain fifth in the group, whilst Slovenia can stay top with a win.
Northern Ireland have no fresh injury concerns to report after their home win over San Marino.
Slovenia have no fresh injury concerns to report after their home win over Finland, of which goalkeeper – Matevz Vidovsek played no part in after he withdrew from the squad due to an injury
When is Kick-Off?
Northern Ireland host Slovenia at Windsor Park on Tuesday 17 October at 7:45pm BST, live on Viaplay Sport 2 in the UK.
- Northern Ireland have avoided defeat in two of three previous UEFA Euro qualifiers against Slovenia (W1, D1, L1).
- Slovenia drew 0-0 in their only previous UEFA Euro qualifier away to Northern Ireland in March 2011 (D1).
- Northern Ireland have kept clean sheets in two of their three previous UEFA Euro qualifiers against Slovenia.
- Victory would see Northern Ireland win consecutive home matches for the first time since 2019.
- Slovenia have won two of their three away qualifiers in this group campaign (W2, L1).
Having comfortably dispatched San Marino on Saturday in a clinical yet dominant performance, Northern Ireland now face a difficult contest because they won’t enjoy as much control as they did last time out, with their defence set for a much harder test of their quality and resilience.
Slovenia though are unbeaten in four matches and have seven different goalscorers in their last three matches, underlining just how difficult they will be to handle if at their best here after they blew Finland apart in a ruthlessly clinical display.
Northern Ireland though have nothing to play for so can afford to throw everything at this game which will make them dangerous, yet I do fancy Slovenia to get the job done if they can handle the Irish pressure and take their chances well.
Prediction: Northern Ireland 1-2 Slovenia
Result: Northern Ireland 0-1 Slovenia