Fulham host struggling Sheffield United at Craven Cottage as both teams look to boost their survival prospects.
Victory would lift Fulham as high as tenth if Manchester United and Chelsea both lose elsewhere, whilst Sheffield Utd can move off the foot of the table with a win if Bournemouth loses elsewhere.
Kenny Tete is again doubtful for Fulham after he missed their last three matches with a knock.
Adama Traore (hamstring) could return but Tosin Adarabioyo (groin) is still sidelined.
Sheffield Utd will be without defender, John Egan after he suffered a foot injury in their defeat at West Ham last weekend.
George Baldock (calf), William Osula (muscle), Rhys Norrington-Davies (hamstring), Max Lowe (ankle), John Fleck (leg), Ben Osborn (groin) and Daniel Jebbison (illness) are sidelined.
When is Kick-Off?
Fulham host Sheffield United at Craven Cottage on Saturday 7 October in a 3pm BST kick-off, untelevised in the UK.
- Fulham are unbeaten in four of their last six league meetings against Sheffield United (W3, D1, L2).
- Sheffield Utd have won just one of their last seven league visits to Fulham (W1, D2, L4).
- Defeat would see Fulham lose three consecutive league matches against Sheffield Utd for the first time since September 1985 – November 1988.
- Raul Jimenez has lost more aerial battles than any other Fulham player this season (20).
- Sheffield Utd are winless in their last four league visits to London based opposition (D1, L3).
Although they lacked much end product and made two costly defensive errors in their loss to Chelsea, Fulham certainly can be pleased with how they played overall and should believe that a win is achievable here – especially if they can avoid making more defensive mistakes.
Sheffield Utd meanwhile were wasteful at West Ham in their end product despite playing some solid creative attacking football, whilst their defence was a marked improvement upon their effort against Newcastle but there is still work to do if want a first win of the season.
Fulham though will be a tough test for the Blades but if they can continue to move in the right direction, I think that a draw might well be achievable for the visitors if can limit Fulham’s inconsistent attack.
Prediction: Fulham 1-1 Sheffield United