Everton meet Bournemouth at Goodison Park in a huge early showdown in the fight for Premier League survival.
Victory would see Everton climb to 15th in the table, whilst Bournemouth can move out of the relegation zone with a win.
Everton have no fresh injury concerns to report after their loss to Luton last weekend.
Andre Gomes (calf), Dele Alli (hip) and Seamus Coleman (knee) remain absent.
Bournemouth will be without Tyler Adams after he suffered a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury.
Lloyd Kelly, Ryan Fredericks (both calf), Chris Mepham (knock), Emiliano Marcondes (foot) and Alex Scott (knee) remain absent.
When is Kick-Off?
Everton host Bournemouth at Goodison Park in a 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday 7 October, untelevised in the UK.
- Everton have won two of their last five league meetings against Bournemouth (W2, L3).
- Bournemouth have won just one of their last five league visits to Everton (W1, L5).
- Everton are yet to fail to score at home against Bournemouth in all competitions (W7, L1).
- James Tarkowski has made more clearances than any other Everton player this season (22).
- Dominic Solanke has attempted more shots than any other Bournemouth player this season (18).
Having suffered a surprise defeat at home to Luton last weekend, Everton have to reset because their attacking play was excellent aside from end product whilst small defensive mistakes simply proved costly, although they’re heading in the right direction performance wise.
Bournemouth meanwhile were wasteful in their defeat against Arsenal whilst their defensive marking was so poor on top of silly fouls, it was little surprise that they lost by four goals but they have to start clicking fast if want a first league win of the season.
My gut feeling though is that Andoni Iraola need to get his Cherries firing in this game because if they don’t win, I wouldn’t be shocked if he is sacked during the international break but this will be close despite their poor form away to Everton.
Prediction: Everton 1-1 Bournemouth
Result: Everton 3-0 Bournemouth