RB Leipzig host Manchester City at Red Bull Arena in Group G of 2023-24 UEFA Champions League.
Currently locked on three points apiece at the top of Group G, victory will send either team top of the table alone.
Kevin Kampl is set to be ruled out for RB Leipzig after he suffered a hip injury during their 2-2 draw against Bayern Munich in Bundesliga.
Timo Wener (back) is a doubt but El Chadaille Bitshiabu, Dani Olmo and Willi Orban (all knee) remain absent.
Man City have no fresh injury concerns to report following their 2-1 Premier League defeat at Wolves last weekend.
Rodri is available for selection because his three-match suspension only applies to domestic league games.
John Stones (muscle), Bernardo Silva (unspecified) and Kevin De Bruyne (hamstring) remain sidelined.
When is Kick-Off?
RB Leipzig host Man City at Red Bull Arena on Wednesday 4 October at 9pm CET (8pm UK Time), live on TNT Sport 1 in the UK.
- RB Leipzig have won just one of four previous Champions League meetings against Man City (W1, D1, L2).
- Man City are winless in two previous Champions League visits to RB Leipzig (D1, L1).
- RB Leipzig have conceded first in three of four previous Champions League meetings against Man City, except for a 2-1 win at home in December 2021.
- RB Leipzig have kept just one clean sheet at home in all competitions this season (W2, D1).
- Man City are looking to avoid suffering three consecutive away defeats in all competitions for the first time since January-February 2023.
With this game set to be RB Leipzig’s toughest test, they certainly would of welcomed their Bundesliga clash against Bayern which would of prepared them well, although they will be eager to improve defensively after conceding twice from two goals up.
Man City meanwhile were defensively sloppy in their defeat at Wolves and easily outplayed on the flanks, whilst their attack lacked creativity in their end product so huge improvement is required here because RB Leipzig will certainly take no sloppiness here.
In fact the first goal might just be crucial bcause Man City should have enough if take the lead, otherwise RB Leipzig will be a difficult team to stop if they find the first goal and I do feel that the hosts have that winning creativity which City are currently lacking.
Prediction: RB Leipzig 2-1 Manchester City
Result: RB Leipzig 1-3 Manchester City