Arsenal meet Tottenham Hotspur at Emirates Stadium in a blockbuster North London derby.
Currently locked on 13 points apiece, Arsenal can leapfrog Spurs with a win although both teams will sit second if can better Liverpool’s result elsewhere.
Gabriel Martinelli is a doubt for Arsenal after he missed their midweek Champions League win over PSV Eindhoven with a hamstring injury.
Jurrien Timber (knee) and Thomas Partey (groin) both remain absent.
Tottenham will be without Ivan Perisic after the Croatian suffered an ACL injury during training.
Ryan Sessegnon (hamstring), Bryan Gil (groin), Giovani Lo Celso (quad), Rodrigo Bentancur (knee) and Alfie Whiteman (ankle) remain ruled out.
When is Kick-Off?
Arsenal host Tottenham at Emirates Stadium in a 2pm BST kick-off on Sunday 24 September, live on Sky Sports in the UK.
- Arsenal have won four of their last five meetings against Tottenham (W4, L1).
- Tottenham have claimed just one point from their last six visits to Arsenal (D1, L5), which came in a 2-2 draw in September 2019.
- Mikel Arteta’s Gunners have failed to keep a clean sheet in eight of their last nine North London derbies at home to Tottenham.
- Arsenal’s David Raya has made two high claims in just one appearance, as many as his teammate – Aaron Ramsdale has made in four appearances this season.
- James Maddison has been involved in more goals this season than any other Tottenham player, with two goals and assists apiece.
After labouring to a scrappy win at Everton last weekend, Arsenal were absolutely ruthless in how they dismantled PSV in midweek with four clinical goals and excellent fluid game management, which is a huge positive to take into this local derby.
Tottenham meanwhile were sloppy for much of their eventual win at home to Sheffield United last weekend, so it is imperative that they improve here because they might not be as lucky as they were last time out with two injury-time goals.
Confidence however is high within both teams so I do feel that this could very well be a super close contest between two attacking teams, but if Arsenal score first then I just can’t see them losing this on their home turf no matter how much Spurs try to fight back.
Prediction: Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham
Result: Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham