Leicester City welcome Manchester City to King Power Stadium in a huge clash at opposite ends of Premier League table.
Victory could see Leicester climb as high as tenth in the table, whilst Man City can go top of the table with a win for at least 25 hours.
Jonny Evans and Wilfried Ndidi could return for Leicester after recovering from calf and hamstring injuries respectively.
Ryan Bertrand (knee) and Ricardo Pereira (Achilles) remain absent.
Man City manager, Pep Guardiola expects to have Joao Cancelo and Erling Haaland available after the pair were substituted against Borussia Dortmund due to illness.
Kyle Walker (groin) and Kalvin Phillips (shoulder) remain absent.
- Leicester have won just one of their last seven league meetings against Man City (W1, L6).
- Man City have won four of their last five league visits to Leicester (W4, L1).
- Two of three meetings in all competitions between Leicester and Man City last season finished in 1-0 result, with both teams winning one of those two clashes apiece.
- Leicester are looking to keep four consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since October-November 2019.
- Julian Alvarez has been utilised as a substitute in Premier League more than any other Man City player this season, having made eight substitutes appearances.
Having finally found form this month, Leicester can come into this difficult fixture with a real sense of confidence after thrashing Wolves last weekend in a clinical display, where they showed excellent movement in their attacking passes and runs but also defended well to limit Wolves’ chances.
Man City meanwhile have failed to score in three of their last four matches in all competitions which some might see as a concern, yet they were off-colour in Tuesday’s goalless draw at Borussia Dortmund although I do anticipate a strong reaction here after various players were rested.
Guardiola will also be pleased with City’s form in this fixture because this is a great chance to get back on the scoring trail, yet Leicester have found form at a time when City have dipped so I do expect the Foxes to come at Man City but the visitors should have enough to snatch a win.
Prediction: Leicester 1-2 Manchester City
Result: Leicester City 0-1 Manchester City