Manchester United welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Old Trafford in a blockbuster Premier League encounter.
Victory could see Utd climb to fourth if Chelsea lose heavily elsewhere, whilst Tottenham can go second with at least a draw.
Christian Eriksen is a doubt for Man Utd due to illness.
Harry Maguire (thigh) and Anthony Martial (back) are also doubts but Martin Dubravka (eligibility) and Scott McTominay (suspension) could return.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (muscle), Donny van de Beek (muscle), Brandon Williams (unspecified) and Mason Greenwood (personal) remain absent.
Tottenham will be without Richarlison after he suffered a calf injury in Saturday’s win against Everton.
Dejan Kulusevski (muscle) is a doubt but Japhet Tanganga (knock) and Emerson Royal (suspension) remain absent.
- Man Utd have lost one of their last seven league meetings against Tottenham (W5, D1, L1).
- Tottenham have won two of their last four visits to Old Trafford (W2, L2).
- Utd’s Cristiano Ronaldo scored four goals across both appearances against Tottenham last season, including a hat-trick in this fixture in March 2022.
- Utd’s only headed league goal this season was scored by Anthony Martial.
- Five of Tottenham’s seven away league goals this season have been scored by Harry Kane.
Having produced a toothless attacking effort against Newcastle with little quality or agression except from Ronaldo, Man Utd now need to deliver a huge improvement if they’re to beat Tottenham because I personally find their performances quite inconsistent.
Tottenham meanwhile made hard work of their win over Everton in a game where they were absolutely wasteful of their pure dominance, yet clinical finishing got them a deserved win but they will need to be aware that Utd could pose a different test given their higher quality.
Utd though realistically need to start on the front because if Tottenham can start like they did against Everton and quicky seize control of the match against Utd’s leaky defence, I can see them getting a comfortable win if are clinical enough but their away form has been their Achilles heel.
Prediction: Manchester United 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur
Result: Manchester United 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur