Manchester United meet Newcastle United at Old Trafford in a huge clash in the race for European qualification.
Victory could see Man Utd go fourth if Chelsea lose at Aston Villa, whilst Newcastle too can go fourth with a win if Chelsea failed to win elsewhere.
Anthony Martial is a doubt for Man Utd after he missed their midweek Europa League win against Omonia with a back injury.
Martin Dubravka (ineligble) and Scott McTominay (suspension) are both sidelined for this match but could return for Utd’s midweek clash against Tottenham.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (knock), Donny van de Beek (muscle), Harry Maguire (thigh), Brandon Williams (unspecified) and Mason Greenwood (personal) remain absent.
Newcastle could be without Allan Saint-Maximin due to a hamstring strain following their 5-1 victory against Brentford last weekend.
Karl Darlow (ankle), Emil Krafth (knee), Matt Ritchie (calf), Jonjo Shelvey (hamstring) and Alexander Isak (muscle) remain absent.
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last five meetings against Newcastle (W4, D1).
- Newcastle have collected just one point from their last seven visits to Old Trafford (D1, L6).
- Both teams have scored in each of their last five meetings, of which Utd scored 16 goals to Newcastle’s five goals.
- Marcus Rashford have scored three goals in Utd’s last two home matches in Premier League (W2).
- Newcastle have kept just one clean sheet away from home this season (W1, D2, L1), which came in a goalless draw at Brighton in August.
Having looked destined for a relegation battle two months ago, Man Utd have done incredibly well to put themselves on the cusp of the top-four but it remains to see whether their physical win over Omonia has taken too much energy out of them.
Newcastle meanwhile rode their luck early against Brentford but they seem to have found their groove in terms of aggressive intensity in terms of pressing, passes and runs, which certainly could cause Man Utd some more physical issues if the Magpies are at their best here.
Add in the fact that fourth place in the table could be on the line depending on Chelsea fare elsewhere and I think this could be a cracking contest, of which I can see Newcastle having the edge the longer they can frustrate Utd and snatch a clinical goal.
Prediction: Manchester United 1-2 Newcastle United
Result: Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United