Top-four chasing Chelsea welcome relegation-battling Wolves to Stamford Bridge in a tasty Premier League encounter.
Victory would lift Chelsea up to fourth for at least a few hours due to Brighton playing in the early-evening kick-off, whilst Wolves can climb out of the relegation zone with a win.
Wesley Fofana is set to be ruled out for Chelsea after he suffered a knee injury in Wednesday’s Champions League win at home to AC Milan.
Carney Chukwuemeka (illness) and N’Golo Kante (hamstring) will both face late fitness tests.
Wolves could be without Pedro Neto after he suffered an ankle injury in their defeat at West Ham last weekend.
Ruben Neves and Nathan Collins are both suspended although Collins is serving the second of a three-match ban.
Hee-Chan Hwang (muscle) is doubtful but Chiquinho, Sasa Kalajdzic (both knee) and Raul Jimenez (groin/adductor) remain ruled out.
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last seven meetings against Wolves (W2, D4, L1).
- Wolves are winless in eight Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge (D3, L5).
- There has been no red cards in 16 Premier League meetings between Chelsea and Wolves.
- Chelsea have scored twice in each of their three league games at home this season (W2, D1), albeit without keeping a clean sheet.
- Just one of Wolves’ six points have been scored away from Molineux this season (D1, L3).
After scraping victory at Crystal Palace last weekend, Chelsea certainly seemed to find another level with a clinically dominant win over AC Milan but they now need to maintain that level if they’re to kick on and prove that they can fight for a top-four result under Graham Potter.
Wolves meanwhile have been toothless in front of goal this season and it was more of the same in their defeat at West Ham last weekend, although their lack of gut in attempting close-range shots was quite alarming but this is now a fresh start following Bruno Lage’s sacking.
I however just can’t see Wolves turning up and getting anything from this game because they have a serious injury crisis in attack – especially if Neto and Hwang don’t feature, which is something that Chelsea will probably take advantage of with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang already in form.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-0 Wolves
Result: Chelsea 3-0 Wolves