Arsenal welcome Bodø/Glimt to Emirates Stadium in Group A of 2022-23 UEFA Europa League.
Victory would see Arsenal go top of Group A with a game in hand, whereas Bodø/Glimt will stay top with a win.
Cedric Soares is set to return for Arsenal after he missed their North London derby victory over Tottenham with a knock.
Emile Smith Rowe (groin) and Mohamed Elneny (hamstring) remain absent.
Bodø/Glimt have no fresh injury concerns with just Sondre Fet ruled out with a knee injury.
- This is Arsenal’s first-ever meeting against Bodø/Glimt in all UEFA competitions.
- Bodø/Glimt are playing against English opposition for the very first time across all UEFA competitions.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in six previous European meetings against Norwegian opposition (W5, D1).
- Four of Gabriel Jesus’ five goals for Arsenal in all competitions this season were scored at home.
- Albert Grønbaek has scored in each of Bodø/Glimt’s last two European away matches (D1, L1).
Following Saturday’s clinical victory in the North London derby in which they played with excellent intensity and press across the pitch, Arsenal now really need to just continue those standards in this match amidst likely squad rotation.
Bodø/Glimt though are no pushovers as many teams in the past 12 months have discovered – including AS Roma – and currently sit top of the group despite their poor defensive record away from home, which could well mean a tough challenge for the Gunners if they drop their quality.
I however just can’t see Arsenal losing this if they play their best football and can get the first goal, although they’re yet to keep a clean sheet at home this season so there will be hope for the visitors.
Prediction: Arsenal 3-1 Bodø/Glimt
Result: Arsenal 3-0 Bodø/Glimt