Reading welcome Norwich City to Select Car Leasing Stadium in a blockbuster midweek Sky Bet Championship clash in promotion race.
Victory would see Reading leapfrog Norwich to climb to second in the table, whereas a win would see Norwich go top if Sheffield United fail to beat QPR elsewhere.
Shane Long is a doubt for Reading as he continues to recover from illness which kept him out of Saturday’s win against Huddersfield.
Ovie Ejaria (hamstring) is a doubt and won’t be risked until he is declared match-fit.
Naby Sarr (calf), Femi Azeez, Scott Dann (both hamstring) and Liam Moore (knee) remain absent.
Norwich have no fresh injury concerns to report following Saturday’s scrappy 1-0 win at Blackpool.
Jacob Sorensen, Dimitris Gianoullis (both ankle), Isaac Hayden, Adam Idah (both knee) and Sam McCallum (foot) remain absent.
- Reading have claimed just one point from their last seven meetings against Norwich (D1, L6).
- Norwich have won each of their last three visits to Reading by a 2-1 result (W3), with Teemu Pukki scoring in each of their last two visits.
- Both teams have scored in 13 of their last 14 meetings – except for a goaless draw at Madejski Stadium in November 2012 in the Premier League.
- Tom Ince has been involved in four of Reading’s 13 league goals this season, having produced two goals and assists apiece.
- Norwich have won two of their last three away matches by 1-0 results.
Having delivered an impressive display to beat Huddersfield on Saturday, Reading can come into this match full of confidence but they will need to replicate their clinical finishing and punish any lacklustre defending, if they want to stand any chance at the win.
Norwich though were lucky to snatch victory at Blackpool from a fortunate interception but they otherwise need to improve, after scrappily wasting chances amidst excellent defending so I do expect Dean Smith’s Canaries to come out fighting.
Paul Ince though has got Reading firing at home this season which will pose Norwich with a tricky test, whilst their last three clashes in Berkshire have been closely fought so a score draw here might be a decent bet.
Prediction: Reading 1-1 Norwich
Result: Reading 1-1 Norwich