Silkeborg welcome West Ham to Silkeborg Stadium in Group B of 2022-23 UEFA Europa Conference League.
Victory could see Silkeborg go top if Anderlecht lose elsewhere, whereas West Ham will stay top with a win.
Silkeborg have no fresh injury concerns to report following Sunday’s domestic win over AGF.
West Ham could be without Maxwel Cornet as he recovers from a knock.
Aaron Creswell (calf) and Tomas Soucek (foot) are doubts but Ben Johnson (hamstring) and Nayef Aguerd (ankle) remain ruled out.
- This is Silkeborg’s first-ever meeting against West Ham in all competitions.
- West Ham are playing Silkesborg away for the very first time in all competitions.
- Silkeborg are playing English opposition for the very first time in all UEFA competitions.
- West Ham are playing Danish opposition for the very first time across all UEFA competitions.
- David Moyes’ Hammers have lost two of their last three away matches in Europe by 1-0 results.
Having suffered only a narrow defeat against Anderlecht in their opening match despite getting outplayed, Silkeborg can come into this match with belief especially if they can impose their fluid passing play whiche bettered Anderlecht amidst wasteful finishing.
West Ham meanwhile delivered a solid comeback to defeat FCSB in their group opener because although they conceded first, they were dominant and patiently allowed their quality to pay off with an improved second-half effort.
Moyes though has now had a week to prepare his squad for this game after their domestic clash was postponed, so I do expect to see a strong starting line-up here given how fresh his players will be which could prove the difference if they can quickly settle and dominate their hosts.
Prediction: Silkeborg 0-2 West Ham
Result: Silkeborg 2-3 West Ham